Powerblocks Professional Consulting (Pty) Ltd is a dynamic, South African based company that provides Quantity Surveying and Construction Cost Consulting Services. The company directors are registered with the South African Council of Quantity Surveying Profession (SACQSP), Royal Institute of Charted Surveyors (RICS), and the Association of South African Quantity Surveyors (ASAQS). Powerblocks Professional Consulting provides cost management and quantity surveying (QS) services on a vast range of construction projects, including buildings, civil engineering, industrial, infrastructure, power generation and major highways projects.
CORE SERVICES OFFERED
QUANTITY SURVEYING & CONSTRUCTION COST CONSULTING
• Property development
• Economic analysis
• Budget estimates and cost planning
• Design and construction evaluation
• Advice on alternative design parameters
• Value management
• Contract documentation
• Scrutinizing and analyzing tenders and quotes
• Valuation of work in progress and work completed
• Evaluating contractors' claims for extension of time or monetary compensation
• Forecasting cash-flows and reporting on actual cash flow
• Final accounts
Assisting clients by providing solutions to ensure that their buildings are eco-friendly and that running costs are reduced by the implementation of energy saving products
• Ensuring the client is getting value for money maintaining and/or improving quality standards and adhering to the required specification/s.
• Pooling years of experience and skills of the project team to strategize and reduce project costs by optimizing design capabilities and provide sustainable solutions.
• Re-using of salvageable materials to reduce costs.
• On site monitoring of the main contractor as well subcontractors quality and work progress.
• Ensuring the contractor follows the plans accurately and that all deviations or poor quality work is re-addressed.
• Ensuring that all site queries are responded to promptly to eliminate standing time.
• Ensuring that all construction drawings are design- coordinated between all team members.
• Ensuring that the client is up to date with the status of the project and the budgets have been adhered.
• Chairing of professional team meetings on a weekly basis to ensure all tasks and milestone set are adhered to.
• Analyzing weekly the construction project programme to ensure that critical path items are on track and milestones are met.
All tasks that have fallen behind are addressed and reprioritized to ensure that the project completion is not affected.
• Site inspection on a daily basis.
• Documenting and compiling of project minutes and action logs of professional team and site meetings.
Following up with all team members and contractors to ensure tasks are completed as per schedule.
• ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management, Document control
• Preparing of project quality plan